The name of this extraordinary red wine comes from the Latin “Primativamente” or first choice, and it is obviously derives from the name of the grape with which it is produced in purity. The grapes that come from the vineyard site in the locality Lobia (BR), Primitivo grapes are selected and harvested by hand after a slight withering on the vine in the last week of August.
Primiter is made with a traditional vinification with long maceration, 10-12 days, depending on the year and racked with considerable intensity of color and perfume. Terminate the harvest, the initial aging is carried out for 60% stainless steel and for the remainder, 40%, in small carats of precious “rovere” for 12 months. Subsequently the assembly takes place. After a period of rest is put in a bottle and offered for sale after 6 months of aging.
The resulting wine has an intense ruby red color with garnet hues, a color that denotes immediately the character and power of this wine. The nose gives off aromas and red jam, raspberry and blueberry. in the mouth the taste is intense, tannic, with a long and lingering finish. A wine with a strong character, beautifully tamed by the wisdom of Calo Family to give a quality product superior